In an effort to stay sane and #stayhome, Matt and I decided to become bartenders and recreate some of our favorite drinks at home! We don’t have any of the correct tools (like a cocktail shaker or muddler) but that didn’t stop us from making these delicious margaritas using only Trader Joes ingredients. Check out the recipe below!
We’ve had our “cheers” wine glasses for a couple years now (from the Target dollar section) but I linked $2 stemless wine glasses that look very similar! Here’s our Trader Joes Moscato Margarita recipe. Enjoy!
• 6 oz Villa Alena Peach Moscato
• 1-2 oz Campo Azul Blanco Tequila
• quarter of a lime (to muddle)
• Cubed Ice
• Raspberries (to garnish)
1. First, cut 1 lime into quarters and place 1 quarter into a glass or bowl.
2. Use a muddler or basically anything that can smash the lime to muddle it. You want to get all of the juice out of the lime.
3. If you don’t like the pulp go ahead strain the lime juice into a separate glass using any small kitchen strainer.
4. Pour your lime juice, tequila, and moscato into a cocktail shaker (or if you’re in quarantine and don’t have one on hand, use an insulated water bottle like we did).
5. Add ice and SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE!
6. Once the drink is nice and frothy, pour into a cocktail glass and top with 3-5 raspberries.
Our patio was the perfect spot to enjoy these tasty drinks! To see our Patio Makeover, check out the post HERE.
Stay safe everyone and have a great weekend!
Cheers, Lauren & Matt